Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Multiple Sclerosis Sleep Apnea and Passing Out

I apologize for my delay in answering any questions e-mailed to me within the last 2 months. I was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea on top of the Multiple Sclerosis that I have been dealing with for 13 years.

On top of this, I have had a severe problem with passing out often and the combination of the 2 has made it very difficult for me to think straight enough for me to write very much or be able to carry on conversation via e-mail, like I typically can do.

My doctors have recently figured out that my adrenal glands are not functioning very well, which is causing my blood pressure to drop to the point where I can pass out for 1 to 3 hours at a time.

I recently received and started using the sleep mask or CPAP machine as it is called (or continuous positive air pressure machine) to help me reduce the problems that I exerience because of sleep apnea and to help me to get more restful sleep at night.

I was also started on a few different medications to help boost the function of my adrenals to help prevent the dizziness and passing out that I have been experiencing all too much over the last 2 to 3 years.

Both the medications and using the sleep apnea CPAP machine have been helping me to start to function better again.

I am working back into the swing of things with providing you with more information on what I have learned about living with Multiple Sclerosis and about what I have found that has helped to reduce the effects of Multiple Sclerosis and other conditions that accompany MS to help you to find relief too!

Helping you, who alsp struggle with Multiple Sclerosis and the other health conditions that can accompany Multiple Sclerosis is my main objective with everything that I do with my website and blog.

But I can't do this alone. I need your feedback to help me to know what information you are searching for to help you to find relief to what you are deling with, when it comes to Multiple Sclerosis.

I don't to just talk about what I have been through, since this may or may not help you to find relief.

Please leave me your comments, or questions as to what you would would like to find out more about when it comes to what you are dealing with because of Multiple Sclerosis.

I just want you to know that I understand how difficult living with Multiple Sclerosis can be and sometimes additional health challenges can also appear, which are not initially related to the Multiple Sclerosis, but that is somehow related to the effects of Multiple Sclerosis on the body, that can sometimes make it difficult for you to function.

Where I can, I describe things from a first hand point of view, since I have been there with much of what I describe that those of us with Multiple Sclerosis can ourselves be struggling with in each of our own cases of Multiple Sclerosis.

Although I myself don't take any of the typically prescribed medications for Multiple Sclerosis, if you find that they do help you, in reducing the struggle that you find yourself in with the symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis, then use them.

But remember that no matter what treatment method or other ways that you use, while working with your doctors, to reduce the effects of Multiple Sclerosis on your body -- remember it's your body.

You know how you react to things and what kind of thing appear to help you, and which do not seem to help you much at all...or may even cause you to become worse instead of doing better.

No matter what ways you use for you, it is always your choice. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

If you would like to learn more about how sleep apnea can affect those of us with MS, click on the link to learn more -- Multiple Sclerosis sleep apnea

****

No comments: