Saturday, December 13, 2008

Social connections After being Diagnosed with MS

ms support or Social connections with MS

I don’t know about you, but this is a sensitive topic for me. I have found that in dealing with my own case of Multiple Sclerosis that because my case was so severe at the beginning, I went from being a very socially inactive and a physically active person to someone who was put on the side lines for a while and social interactions just dried up for a period of time. It isn’t like I had a choice in the matter.

The people that I related to very well before my first major ms attack attempted to still be part of my life at first, but they could no longer relate to me. I couldn’t do the things that I was able to do before the problems that I experienced on a daily basis because of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis that I had a very tough time with. My friends mostly evaporated within the first 2 years of me being given the diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis.

Click on the link to find out more -- ms support groups.

socialconnections-aftermsdiagnosis-article.html
***

No comments: