Monday, October 20, 2008

What can Cause the Fatigue with MS?

Multiple Sclerosis Fatigue or extreme exhaustion is one of the symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis that I often struggle with. Why is this particular symptom such a big problem with most cases of Multiple Sclerosis? What can set us up for the fatigue or exhaustion to be so overwhelming? I have been asking the doctors this same question myself, since I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.

The explanations that the doctors have given me, when discussing my
symptoms of ms with me included allergies (food, mold, dust, pollen, trees, grasses and pets). I recently had allergy testing done, as far as dusts and molds that went further than just testing to see which dust and mold allergens that I've recently been reacting to. This doctor actually had tests done to see what my level of response to known allergens was. Based on the test results a serum was made up specifically for me to take twice a week to help to reduce and actually neutralize my over reaction to the allergens and help to build up my body's immune system so that over time my reaction to the allergens become less and less. Of course avoiding the potential source of the allergen, as much as possible, is also important for me to do to help my over reactive immune system to calm down.

Other potential problems that we may have, that also can contribute to the often extreme fatigue that is associated with Multiple Sclerosis, can include low levels of the hormones produced by the thyroid and adrenal glands, problems with your body not producing enough of certain enzymes and vitamin deficiencies. There are also other contributing factors to the fatigue that is a symptom of MS, but the ones that I already mentioned appear to be more common sources of much of the fatigue problem. Check with your doctor for you to be evaluated for your specific case of MS to determine what could be causing the fatigue that you are experiencing as a symptom of your
Multiple Sclerosis.

Do you find this post to be helpful?


To find out more about what I have learned that has helped reduce the symptoms of MS, go to http://www.TamingMultipleSclerosis.com/ for more information.


***

No comments: